The Three Parishes Hall has been created out of three historic buildings which at one time housed the rector’s stables, provided a schoolhouse for the local schoolteacher and also housed the local school. There are still people alive who received their first education at the school in Grafton Flyford.
The school was closed in 1945 and it then became the ‘Parish Room’, a function that it performed until the 1960s when it fell into such a disrepair it could not be used. It remained unused for nearly 30 years until a grand local effort revived its fortunes and it reopened in 1994. It has been very much unaltered ever since. In 2014 a substantial grant was obtained to make necessary structural repairs and replace the floor. Good quality audio visual equipment was also fitted following the refurbishment but it still needs a thorough overhaul to bring it up to a standard of excellence.
To find out more, and to support the proposal, please click the button below to download a leaflet detailing the layout and benefits of the proposal.